Position: Property Manager
Total Years of Experience: 2 Year(s)
About the position:
You love your team and you're willing to put in the work, but it can be demoralizing to see your skills and abilities go to waste, especially when you know that you could achieve so much more with the right support. Sound familiar?
At Velo Residential, we believe Community Director should be free to focus on what they do best - leading and managing their team to success.
That's why we've created a modern management platform that offers our Community Director a range of support services and cutting-edge AI technology designed to make your job FUN again.
And when it comes to benefits, we're not just making empty promises - we provide our Community Directors with a 100% remote-based work environment, competitive compensation package, including salary, bonuses, and benefits such as health insurance, 401k, and paid time off, all designed to help you feel valued and empowered.
If you are a dynamic and results-driven leader that's ready to unleash your potential, we want to tell you more about how we can enable your success. Apply today to join Velo Residential and let us help you take your career to the next level.
- Conduct all business in accordance with Velo Residential policies and procedures. Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- In conjunction with the Regional Manager, the Community Director will assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The Community Director is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner.
- Makes sure that all bank deposits are made immediately, and deposits are recorded to the daily.
- Performs evictions as required on delinquent rents.
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance. The property manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to corporate office for payment
- Makes rental rate recommendations to Regional Manager.
- Supports Regional Manager with hires, training, motivates, and supervises all on-site staff to achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes new employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review, and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Provides comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and including terminations of employment if necessary.
- Conducts on-going training with office staff, e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed daily.
- Reports all liability and community incidents to the corporate office immediately. Ensures that all workers’ compensations claims are reported, and proper paperwork is completed.
- Community Director will complete any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.
- Ensures that lease files are complete, and that completion of leases is being executed properly through BlueMoon.
- Responsible for offices opening on schedule, condition of office, and model apartment.
- Attends scheduled corporate management meetings.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits required reports to corporate offices on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Periodic inspection with residents move-in/move-outs.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications, e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
- Physically walk and inspect community on a regular basis; check on vacant apartments.
- Updates board indicating vacancy status daily. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely condition of apartments after move-out.
- Work closely with Lead Maintenance to monitor and schedule all maintenance activity.
- Conduct market surveys monthly and provide trend report information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Welcome and show community to prospective new residents. Also, handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-years previous experience in Property Management or other related fields.
- Must have background in supervision and successful track record of accomplishments.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in CRM and Google Docs.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with a customer service focus and attention to detail.
- Employee is sometimes required to work for extended periods of times being flexible in the hours which could include nights and weekends.
- Must have the ability to react and address all emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Must be available to handle emergency calls.
- Spanish (Preferred).
Position Supervision: Employee reports directly to the Regional Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
Job Type: Full Time